Sunday, May 25, 2008

Let it rain!!!

We claimed that we had a roof before, but now we really have a roof. I'm waiting for a big rain to come, but of course it has been dry and will probably be dry for the rest of the summer.



I had a crew come in and put up the rest of the sheeting. It is too difficult for one person to sheet a house, especially when there are gables that extend 30'+ in the air.



I also got a roofing crew to come in and install the flashing and shingles. I figure that I saved the state a couple of tornadoes by having it done quickly with a roofing crew instead of doing it myself and taking 3 weeks. Getting a real roof on makes me feel a lot more relaxed.



Here is a view from the other side. Yes, we really are adding on to an existing structure. We spent yesterday window shopping (shopping for windows, not looking in a window for a Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle BB gun with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time). It's interesting that you can drive1/4 mile and buy the same windows for $2000 less than another store.

Anyway, now it is time to finish off the inside framing. Once I get doors and windows in, I can cut into the existing house and do rework framing. Tomorrow, I think I will try to build a staircase. Google Sketchup is my friend.

3 comments:

Brent and Haley said...

The house looks fantastic! It's really coming along great! I can hardly wait to come out to see the finished product!

Courtney said...

Wow, it is looking so amazing.

Justin said...

holy cow.
This looks awesome. Great work!