Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Enjoying the Wildlife

Early this morning, Neil found this floating in the pond.



It is a goose egg. I put a quarter next to it so you could see how large it is. We have 2 geese that make their nest on the island of our pond every year. We are thinking that they rolled the egg out because it is not viable. We went for a canoe ride after I dropped the boys off for school to get a closer look at the nest. We know there is still 1 more egg, but the geese are nowhere to be found. It makes me sad to think they may have abandoned their nest. Later on in the day, I let Mika out for some fresh air. She was barking like crazy, so I went out to investigate. This is what I found.
I guess a turtle decided to take a walk. It poked it's head back in a bit. Does anyone know what kind of turtle it is?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That is so cool that you have geese and turtles living right on your property.