Sunday, February 10, 2008

Roof Trusses, Part 1

Sorry for the lack of creativity on the title.

It was probably too early to get the crane, but I'm ready to have a roof on the new addition. Last week we had a killer tornado that hit a neighboring county. It tracked right over us, but broke up before it got to us. Anyway, with it came a LOT of rain which found its way into our garage...again. Hence, the want for a roof.



Here is the crane lifting the first truss. Some of the trusses were double ply for a total weight of almost 800 pounds. I'm not quite buff enough to lift those without a crane. I also had a few friends from church come to help out. I hope I have friends when this project is done.



Here we are setting the first truss. Kimberly 'enjoyed' watching me climb from truss to truss. The trusses have been sitting outside for a while, but they still seem in pretty good condition, without too much warping.



Here is what we completed. We set all of the large trusses and had most of the remaining trusses placed on top. We just need to raise and put them in place.



Our geese are back. They have found a new home in our pond that is completely filled up again. It is probably 6 feet deeper than 3 months ago. The rain was really needed (just not in our garage). We have seen up to 13 geese at one time. We also saw 5 turtles all sitting on a log trying to get warm in the sun on the way home from church.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

It is looking so great. I'll bet Kimberly 'enjoyed' watching you.