Sunday, January 27, 2008

I wish we lived in a trailer park

OK, not really. I am just curious how our storm shelter would hold up. However, I don't *really* want to know. This post is a little out of order, but we are repenting for our procrastination.



Here comes the Bama Concrete truck. Any successful company in this state must have two important words in the company name. "Bama" and "Enterprises". The only exception that I can think of is the company that was a couple of blocks away from our old house, aptly named "Video and Tan".




Because I didn't feel like carrying 6 cu. yards of concrete up a ladder in buckets (approx. 11.5 tons!) we had a pumper truck help us out. Here they are just getting ready to prime the pump.



Pumped concrete has a smaller aggregate and flows pretty well. The blocks that I stacked up were not held together with any morter, so we were a little worried that things might come apart in the pour. However, everything went off without a hitch.



Pouring the ceiling, almost done. Brent and I spent a whole day bracing under the ceiling and around the shelter. We probably could have done less, but I was not about to find out.



Done!

No comments: